Week 12 Storytelling: The Woman Who Slain

There was a far off village in the Nanda Devi Mountains. There were many happy people there and they were ruled by a goddess who loved everyone. Her name was Goddess D, named after the mountains. They did not mind that they were ruled by a woman until outsiders began to come in and cause uproar that a woman was leading men. The villagers have only had women as leaders all through out their history. This way of uproar started to take a toll on the villagers and they began to think like the outsiders. The goddess was hurt and angry by her people abandoning her. Goddess D was pacing the floor while talking to her mother who was very ill:

" I cannot believe my people are looking for another god. I have provided rain , food and fertility. What else could these people want. I have gave them all of me and they still want more. They want a man. Pfft like a man can do better. All they want is to fight and have sex. This is not right for the village. "
Her mother: " Oh dear one I knew this day would come that the people would make a foolish decision and the wrath would be upon them. Dear it will all work out. Go and meditate."

The village began to chant that they wanted another god instead of a goddess. A man stood up and declare that he was the new god who would be the god of war. "I will bring destruction to other villages. We will destroy."
The goddess stormed off and the sky became black. The day shifted from a warm blue skied day to clouds rolling in like black smoke rings until the whole sky was dark. The goddess was furious. She began to take off all her royal clothes but kept on the jewelry to show respect to the other gods. She began to live in the forest and grow out her hair. She was planning on killing the new god as revenge. The god of war wanted to marry her but she refused, she knew men just wanted children to pass down their lineage.
Years passed by and the village forgot about the goddess. She had grown out her hair and was naked beside her jewelry. She ran into the village and slayed god of war with one look at him. His head came rolling off right up to her. She held up the head and chanted " I will seek revenge for every goddess".
The village never saw her again but they learned their lesson and a new goddess came to rule.
There were many tales of the goddess of revenge slaying men who had abused, raped, took over power from women or their wives. She was the beginning of change for women.


(Nanda_Devi)
Author's Notes:
Watching the Seven Secrets of the Goddess, It told us that women once were the great rulers until men tried to come in. They took over everything they were doing. Men wanted children to pass down their status, they wanted a perfect woman who did and said nothing. Many of the woman before wanted to use men and rule with both mind and culture. I wanted to combine the stories I watching and make it into one epic goddess. I was really inspired by these goddess. I changed the goddess name and how she came about not being in power. I hope you enjoy.



Bibliography:
Seven Secrets of the Goddess, Devdutt Pattanaik, 2016

Comments

  1. Hi Izzy! I like that you combined multiple stories and made one epic goddess who will execute revenge for all the goddesses that have been wronged. I also like that instead of taking the god of war's throne after killing him, she made it available for a different goddess to rise up and claim. One thing you might want to do is read it again to double check that you are using the correct tenses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey again, Izzy! I really liked this story. I think the idea of a revenge goddess is really awesome. It was a cool way to showcase the feminine power of the goddesses and bring elevate a powerful goddess to be the goddess of war. The god of war is almost exclusively male, and I think a female replacing a male god of war is a really cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Izzy! Wow I really love this story, I think it is such a beautiful story! Great job at adding dialogue into a narration heavy story and keeping a good balance. I would love to know more about her from the beginning, her appearance and her history, but from then on we have the perfect amount of detail and imagery! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Izzy!
    I absolutely loved this story. Good for the Goddess for standing up for women. I love how strong the Goddess is in your story, even though the people wronged her for no reason, she still rose up. I am glad in your story the Goddess was the beginning of change and women getting their justice. Great job with it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Someone Who has no Clue

Week 5 Storytelling: Let's Take a Trip